Monday, December 7, 2009

Back in the swing

Thanks to all who made it out to the show - I appreciate all the kind feedback and sales. For the next few weeks I am hoping to highlight some of the great vendors I met last week at the Bellevue Hilltop Holiday Craft Show. It was a fun event for me although quite stressful in getting stocked up for it. It was a great learning experience to see how much product I really need for a multiple day show - by the way, I had plenty there and plenty at home. I'll be listing it gradually in my stores over the next few weeks. This week I am focusing on my son's birthday. He'll be having a party this weekend. Normally I would be stressing about getting everything done for the party but I'm not. My wonderful husband saw how much work I was putting into the Craft show and took over all the planning and implementing of the birthday party. It probably won't be exactly how I was thinking it should be but I don't care. Everyone will have a good time. Thankfully all I have to do is clean the house, make cupcakes for school and make the birthday cake - the boy even requested an easy cake (unlike previous years). Since I don't have that much to do for the party, I will focus most of the week on preparing for the holidays (but not decorating as my son loves to do that AFTER his birthday). I have my sewing room to clean out entirely so a bed will fit in there again (not an easy task and I promise I won't break my finger doing it) . Many of the boxes of fabric will need to go out to the shed so the shed will also need to be cleaned (not fun in 20 degree weather-brrrr) but it's nice to not be fretting over another show for the rest of this year. That will come soon enough next year.

No comments: