Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Now that we are finally moved and together and done dealing with most of the boxes (notice I said most of the boxes) we are taking some time to do more family things.  We have a great San Antonio trip planned for next week that will include Sea World and the Alamo.  We are also trying to get in more date nights.  The move and chaos has put a strain on our marriage so it's been really nice getting to have some date nights (we've lucked out with a great babysitter in our apartment complex too).  So for Valentine's Day I thought I'd share a few of the great places in the area that would be great for your future Austin date night too.  As we venture out, I'll share some more Austin area places.  

Saturday night we went to the restaurant La Traviata.  Such a sweet quaint place with great food.  We've walked by it several times in the past few months and I'm so glad we went.  It's downtown Austin so check it out.  After a fabulous dinner we decided to head to a lounge before going out dancing.  We headed over to the swanky (not sure that's a cool word anymore but it felt swanky to me) W restaurant/bar/lounge which was really cool.  Then off to another club for dancing and meeting up with some co-workers of my husband.  Apparently this particular night was "wig night" for the "bar crawl" crowd so we ended up at Dogwood's bar with a lot of wig bearing people.  Made me wish I had one too.  It's an outdoor/indoor bar which seemed unfathomable to me after living in the Pacific Northwest for so long - guess it's perfect for the 100 degree evenings in the summer. It certainly was fun people watching while doing a little dancing before heading back to the car and home to the babysitter.  Such a lovely evening.   So treat your loved one to a great Valentine's Day and let them know how much you love and appreciate them.  

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: