Friday, November 7, 2008

Next up....

Now that Halloween is over, it is time to focus on a birthday party. Yes, a birthday party. Most people would be thinking it's time to focus on the holidays. Well in our house that comes after the focus on the birthday. My son's birthday is 12 days before Christmas so that means a birthday before holiday. The first year was easy as it was just our immediate family. The 2nd and 3rd year was easy as it was just my son and his best friend (and his family). As he has developed more friendships (and been attending many more parties)he wants to invite more people. We have limited this to the number our house can handle. Having a small house that is understandable. We have offered to move it to one of those specialty places with the inflatable stuff but he wants to have it at home because his home is very special to him. Each year I design a special cake for his theme. One year he had an excavator cake, the following year it was a construction scene with dump trucks and excavators, the next year was a pirate ship, and last year was a castle. This year could do me in....we'll see. So now that Halloween is over, it is time to start brainstorming ideas to match his theme (more on that later). Thank goodness for the internet and such wonderful people who document their ideas. I still have my work cut out for me.

No comments: