Monday, November 10, 2008

Kilt



Remember way back a few weeks ago when I was talking about costumes and such? I mentioned that I had made a kilt that year for a Christmas gift for my brother. Well after a bit of searching, I found the pictures to prove it. I'm sure my brother will kill me for this (the look on his face at the time was enough) but I thought it turned out great. Man do I wish we had digital cameras back then. I would have known the pictures didn't turn out great and I would have taken better ones. Oh well that was over 10 years ago. At the time I lived in a remote town in Wisconsin (before internet remember) and couldn't find the buckles I wanted for the closure so he was stuck with kilt pins. Several years after I made this, I went to Fishman's and Vogue in Chicago and managed to find the buckles. I offered to put them on the kilt but my brother declined. So here it is. Doubt he still has it but at the time he was thrilled to have it.

No comments: