Thursday, July 22, 2010

Back soon

Hello friends,

I have been MIA for so long & wanted to quickly let you know I'm still here.  We were on vacation for a few weeks where I was cleaning out each room of my Aunt's house so that it can get ready for sale and then we went for a few days to Lake Chelan to just relax.  Several days after returning home I awoke to another chapter in our crappy 2010 year.  I thought I was having back pain, then it turned to constant vomiting and my husband thought I had food poisoning.  It progressed quickly to a need to visit our wonderful ER.   The following maybe TMI so at this point you can drop down to the next paragraph if you want :)  They thought I had kidney stones and said it could take 2 days to 2 weeks for them to pass -UGH. So then they did blood tests, xrays, CT scans......well to make a long story short it turned out to be a large cyst torquing my ovary and cutting the circulation off.  Yes extremely painful.  I gave birth to my son naturally with minimal drug intervention and this was a hugely worse pain - I was extremely drugged in order to lie still for the scans.  I ended up in emergency surgery where they originally started doing a laparoscopy to remove the cyst but then had to do a mini c-section in addition to remove the cyst and ovary together.

So I have been trying to recover from this fun event - the lap incisions are doing okay, the c-section (as all you moms out there with c-section scars know) is making it slow going.  I am finally able to sit up for longer periods but haven't been able to sew, craft, type, or do anything too much around the house or garden.  (& the yard shows it - tall tall grass).  So I'm hoping in the next few weeks to get back into the groove of summer fun and back into business.  For now I want to thank my wonderful friends who have been great about entertaining my bored, missing-out-on-summer kiddo for me.  I really appreciate it!  You're the best!

See you in a few!

No comments: