Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Teacher appreciation!

As many of you know, I am a speech-language pathologist. My primary place of employment in the past was in schools. I have worked in private schools, state schools and public schools. I have worked with so many teachers. While some of them really needed to find a different profession, most were wonderful. Not just anyone can be a teacher. It takes a compassion, a drive, a motivation to teach children to become our leaders of tomorrow. While I am currently not employed by a school district, I am still connected to teachers in many ways. It is so great to have the opportunity to tell a teacher how much you appreciate them. Last week was a week long celebration of the teachers and staff at my son's school. The PTSA sent home suggestions of how one could celebrate their teacher (card, picture, flowers) but after sharing this with my son, he had other ideas. This week we'll be sharing these homemade gifts that brought great joy to the teachers in our life.

1 comment:

Nancy Jones said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you two chose!