Friday, July 18, 2008

Ahhhhhh where did the sun go


Today was the first day we could finally go to the beach. We haven't had a chance yet for several reasons 1. weather was soooooooo cold through all of June and just started getting warm enough for the icy water of the Pacific ocean 2. so many summer events happening that it didn't get scheduled - free movies, farmer's markets, parades and festivals 3. I've been working on some new designs for my site and didn't want to take a full day away (I'll share these when they are ready to post - I don't feel I can share my ideas until they are listed in my store) 4. our yard and house has been needing attention too. Lots of attention. Wow the weeds and clover have taken over.
So today we had scheduled a playdate with all my son's friends from his preschool and went to the beach. After a week of sunny weather (that I was unable to go out in due to getting burned at the parade/festival last weekend) we woke up to a cool (really cold in comparison) cloudy morning. That just seems natural right? Murphy's Law. Sunny all week...beach day cold. It was great though. The kids had fun playing together and I didn't have to worry about getting my aching skin in the sun. Regardless of the weather, the kids were in the sand and water and had a great time. Did the sun come out? Yes - as we were packing up and loading the car with all the wet, sandy, dirty bags. Again...Murphy's Law. Oh well....all for another day.

No comments: