Wednesday, May 14, 2008

new beginnings


Here it is the end of the school year and I am already feeling apprehensive about the next school year. As a Speech-Language Pathologist I have had many "end of the school year" periods with only occasionally feeling apprehensive - usually because we were moving again and I had to think about where I would be working the following school year. We have been part of a wonderful Cooperative preschool for the last 2 years. I have been on the Board of Trustees this year and been a part of a wonderful group of parents and teachers. So this year will be the last year as part of that wonderful group and next year (Kindergarten) is starting oh so quickly. We had our last Parent Education meeting last night where we discussed the future of our kids and discussed our fears, hopes, desires, and knowledge of Kindergarten and Elementary School as a whole. Those with older children assured those of us with first-timers that it will be okay. That isn't what started these feelings. What got me thinking so much about next year also wasn't the end of year tasks (cleaning up notebooks, organizing inventories, storing documentations) I am frantically trying to pull together while still trying to create, photograph, post, and market My designs for my store. No, instead it was the call from the school wanting to set up the Kindergarten entrance exam for the week after our school is out. It was the letter we received inviting us to a "Class of 2022" BBQ at the school, the week after preschool is out. We are quickly leaving preschool and quickly joining the ranks of Elementary school. Where did time go????? Class of 2022? Wow, is all I can say.

1 comment:

kimber said...

"Class of 2022". Even typing that feels odd.... :)