Thursday, April 3, 2008

By George I think she's got it...



I have been working out the pattern for a dress that just sort of happened a while back. The first one took what seemed like forever to make and turned out so darling. However, I didn't write down the pattern. So I went back through the dress and tried to match the stitches. After thinking I finally had the pattern written down, I attempted another one. The pattern wasn't exactly accurate so I decided to forget the pattern writing down stage and just go for it. I never know if I am going to like the finished outcome of a design so I don't take many notes (if any) as I am making something. This is coming back to haunt me on several occasions. Items I would love to duplicate but will never be exact, like this, this, and this. So it goes with this little outfit but I think I have finally worked something out. Each one will be unique in its own way, slightly different each time but still very cute. These are my "grow with me" dresses. They start as a darling dress for an infant/toddler and grow with the child to be a cute top over leggings or shorts. It is so cute on and I knew I had to make more. Check out my site to get your very own unique dresses.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I totally hear you on the creation/pattern process. Even the stuff I make in multiples usually vary slightly, because the first time is always experimental, and involves lots of backtracking. It's hard to write down your pattern when you're changing it constantly! :)